[P1] Sharing printers on a Windows network

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 04:05:04 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 07:23  PM, patdart wrote:

> I'm sitting here gnashing my teeth after calling Epson and finding out
> that they have no driver that will work with Classic (9.2.2)...so,
> what have y'all done?  Gone to a wireless printer?

Epson sells a wifi adapter for $250 and I have seen a Belkin adapter
for much less.

> Help...I have some programs that I need to be able to print
> from...Classic programs...old OS9 ones.

One trick would be to print to pdf files in 9 and then print those in
X. Acrobat 4 had a nice utility called PDFWriter and then there is a
shareware PrintToPDF.

A second, untested try would be to turn off the printer in 9 via print
menu and then drag those files to the X printer window. I don't know if
this is possible or if it will work, most likely not.

---
http://j-walk.com/blog/ digested: BMG is testing a new form of DRM in
the US. DRM prevents and restricts copy music files. The snag is that
the discs are unprotected and can be copied ad infinitum. The
developers are looking to fix this.   :)

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net