[P1] External Antennae for Airport

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Sep 25 11:30:45 PDT 2003

PaulKurtz III wrote the following:

> I'm toying with the idea now.  Look up "cantenna" on google.  It's an
> antenna with a big tin can on the end.  It's supposed to work well as a
> directional antenna.

There was also a great article about wifi range extension methods in a
recent C't magazine (German) and it also listed a couple of low cost
solutions  including such a can and wire system (Issue 24/02 page 55)
unfortunately not available online though.

link to magazine website:

<http://www.heise.de/ct/>

I'll have a look in my back issues and see what it says and get back to the
list.

Cheers,

Richard