CDBurner and iView Media Pro

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 20:30:43 PDT 2003

I just learned something interesting about Disk Burner that I had
overlooked in the past.

I used iView Media Pro to open a folder of jpegs on my hd and the
inserted a new CD. I created a Folder named Pictures inside the soon to
be burned cd window and then inside that folder created folders for
various categories of pictures in the iView Media browser. Then I
dragged the images from the browser window into the correct folder in
the cd window. When finished I closed the IVMP window. Then I dragged
each named folder in the cd window to the IVMP icon and adjusted the
window that opened and saved it to the cd window. Repeating this for
each folder.

When finished I selected the icon view which gave me a selection of the
catalogs and the pictures folder. Then I burned the disc.

What surprised me was that I could treat the cd window just as I would
treat any folder on my drive where as all this time I had thought of it
as a rather static folder that I could only drag other files and
folders into and it hadn't occurred to me to save files into it (that
would only be on the cd and not the hd).

Of course saving the files directly onto the cd before burning is a bit
risky since a freeze or crash will cause the saved files to disappear
(I presume) and the files will take up temporary disk space before the
disk is burned.

This does seem to be a method of creating files to be burned without
having to clean them up when finished, or at least I think I don't have
to...time will tell.

---
What happens to privacy and personal info as more and more American
corporations outsource the data processing to foreign countries where
our laws do not protect us?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net