[P1] Mac OS X not so stable...

David Binnion davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Sep 30 15:29:05 PDT 2003

On 9/30/03 3:26 PM, "Gloria Vogel" <lipert1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Are you saying we should, or should not, turn off our Macs in between
> uses?  What's the general feeling about this?  I have an ongoing
> disagreement with my husband about this.  I tend to leave my desktop G4
> on and sleep my iBook, and he always turns off his desktop G4 even if
> only for ten minutes' absence from it.  Crashes on all three are
> extremely infrequent in this household, thank goodness, I don't think
> any one crashes any more than any other.

Whatever works for you is the right answer. I only turn off my computers if
I'm going to be away for several days. Even at work over the weekend I only
sleep them. Why not? My devices use almost no electricity while asleep. If I
were using OS 9 or Win98 or if I had some device that didn't power itself
down I'd think otherwise.