[P1] Mac OS X not so stable...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 18:26:52 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 06:29  PM, David Binnion wrote:

> Whatever works for you is the right answer.

Shades of the 70s and psychobabble...  :)

> I only turn off my computers if
> I'm going to be away for several days. Even at work over the weekend I
> only
> sleep them. Why not? My devices use almost no electricity while
> asleep. If I
> were using OS 9 or Win98 or if I had some device that didn't power
> itself
> down I'd think otherwise.

Good answer. One extra point, if you use sleep then you don't subject
your computer to the rigors of a cold start not to mention the user's
nerves being frayed by having to wait.

---
What happens to privacy and personal info as more and more American
corporations outsource the data processing to foreign countries where
our laws do not protect us?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net