[P1] Techtool upgrades with Applecare?

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Wed Apr 7 04:10:29 PDT 2004

> I bought Applecare with my iBook three months ago. Along with Applecare
> came Techtool 3. This version is already obsolete. Do you think it's
> worthed contacting Applecare trying to get a free Techtool upgrade?
> Does anyone on the list tried this? Since Techtool is part of the
> Applecare deal, it guess they could offer free upgrades.

Go to micromat.com and look for the upgrade to the Techtool deluxe for
Applecare which is the version you have. This is specially written
version for AppleCare and is tied to your computer. It is not related
to the Pro version. It is designed only for diagnosing things that help
Apple quickly triage between software and hardware on the phone. Based
on the test results, the applecare person will know where to start
trying to help you.