[P1] Wireless networking

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Tue Apr 13 07:17:43 PDT 2004

Just some random things to try:

Can airport see the router when the router is not plugged into the
network?  Get Mac Stumbler to help if you can see the wireless network.
  ( http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14746 ).  If the
router is broadcasting a SSID, then this should find it.  If SSID is
turned off,  then you have to know the correct ID and WEP to get access
to the router (not usually the default)

On the router, did you disable the DHCP server?  If you are using the
uplink, then its going to try to hand out addresses to everything on
the local network.  That could also be messing with the local settings
you need to have like dns.

Instead of going from the network to the uplink, what about network to
the wan port?

Seeing the config settings makes me think the power "poser" is set
right, but you might check that again... does the router seem to get
hot quick?