[P1] warranty if bought on ebay

KhooCK filhos at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 12:02:48 PDT 2004

Depends on
A) whether it is really new
B) whether you are buying from a retailer or private party

If you are buying from a private party, the date on their original receipt
is the relevant sale date

As an addendum, my strict reading of apple warranty is that is only applies
to new items ie if you buy it second hand with remaining warranty, it does
not transfer to the new owner. How Apple is going to verify that I do not
know. I always insist on the original receipt when buying from eBay (also to
reduce chance of it being a stolen 'book) and use that for warranty purposes

Rgds
CK