Need more apple mail info

Bill West billwest at appleisp.net
Sun Apr 18 20:37:35 PDT 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 5:50 PM, Bill West wrote:

> what really is still on your IMAP account server. You may be in for a
> shock. Read messages may still be there in the thousands!

Ellen reports:
that is interesting. On AOL application, after about a month or less,
any mail not read, or old mail will be gone for ever.

Billsez:    Sorry I can't get my >quotes to work. Excellent --that AOLMail does delete all 30 days old. I do remember that.

But Ellen comments:
However aol on the web will keep  pages of mail that the application
itself does not, although I pretty much try to keep up with it.

Billsez:    Right!   :)   Many web mail support services run completely independent to your pop/IMAP downloads!  HotMail I know. Exasperating! You go to it's web mail once a month --and find all last time's stuff still there.   :)    The saving virtue --like your AOLMail --the email service will clean out all Inbox/trash folders every so many days --for you.