iBook Firewire Problems

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at mac.com
Tue Apr 20 08:09:21 PDT 2004

I have a white 2 usb iBook.  The firewire port failed just beyond the
warranty period.  So I am naturally hesitant to buy another iBook.
Many have had this same problem and when failure occurred within the
warranty period they returned the iBook to Apple several times for
repair.

I want to buy a new iBook and I want firewire too.  Are the new
firewire ports as vulnerable to failure or has there been a fix for the
past failures?  I will definitely purchase the extended warranty.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Larry Blodgett
lblodgett at mac.com