[P1] iBook Firewire Problems

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 20 08:21:49 PDT 2004

On 4/20/04 5:09 PM, "Larry Blodgett" <lblodgett at mac.com> wrote:

> I have a white 2 usb iBook.  The firewire port failed just beyond the
> warranty period.  So I am naturally hesitant to buy another iBook.
> Many have had this same problem and when failure occurred within the
> warranty period they returned the iBook to Apple several times for
> repair.
>
> I want to buy a new iBook and I want firewire too.  Are the new
> firewire ports as vulnerable to failure or has there been a fix for the
> past failures?  I will definitely purchase the extended warranty.

Never had a problem with 3 different model iBooks. I don't think the FW
ports are any less reliable than anything else, but I would recommend
AppleCare, since most problems occur either out of the box or after 1 year.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .