[P1] Connecting external display on iBook without restart

Wayne wayne at fme.com
Wed Apr 21 07:09:19 PDT 2004

> I connect external display HP 17" LCD. The display is not detected
> (even if I press "Detect Display" button in the display preferences).
> The display only gets detected after restarting the system. Is it
> possible to do this without system restart?
>
> I have an iBook 14" 700 MHz and Mac OS X 10.3.3

I have the exact same set-up only in a 12" model and the iBook automatically
detects both the TV and the external monitors/projectors as soon as it is
plugged in (using Apple's video cables) while OS 10.3.3 is running.

There is a document on a problem about a sleep problem and connecting
external monitors on Apple's support page. I think this has to do with not
waking from sleep state is a monitor is connected.

Best Regards,

Wayne Schneck
Marketing Manager
FME