iBook G3

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 18:32:00 PDT 2004

Hi:

I have read about the problems of the iBook G3 issues and I just had to
chime in.

I can understand the anxiety of the owners of the iBook and wondering
whether or not their iBook is next.  I have shipped my 900mHz iBook to
Apple when I felt it was running hot.  The Apple Computer Support
people said it was fine.  I got the extended warranty as well.  So far
so good.  It was put together in April or May 2003.

I still am using my 700mHz iBook which was rebuilt and is running quite
well.  For some reason, I have chosen to use it more often.  Though, I
am not sure when it was manufactured.  Since it has been rebuilt last
year, I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.  What I'd like to
know is whether or not I could find out when my 700mHz iBook was
actually manufactured.

Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated
David