[P1] iBook G3

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 25 00:18:46 PDT 2004

On 4/25/04 3:32 AM, "David Harris" <dmichaelharris at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have read about the problems of the iBook G3 issues and I just had to
> chime in.
>
> I can understand the anxiety of the owners of the iBook and wondering
> whether or not their iBook is next.  I have shipped my 900mHz iBook to
> Apple when I felt it was running hot.  The Apple Computer Support
> people said it was fine.  I got the extended warranty as well.  So far
> so good.  It was put together in April or May 2003.
>
> I still am using my 700mHz iBook which was rebuilt and is running quite
> well.  For some reason, I have chosen to use it more often.  Though, I
> am not sure when it was manufactured.  Since it has been rebuilt last
> year, I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.  What I'd like to
> know is whether or not I could find out when my 700mHz iBook was
> actually manufactured.

You'll want to check its serial number and compare with the numbers of the
"affected" iBooks available somewhere on the Apple site.

Kirk

              Co-author of Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out
                http://www.mcelhearn.com/insideout.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .