[P1] iBook Logic Board Repair (formerly iBook G3)

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Sun Apr 25 21:32:16 PDT 2004

I have an iBook, 500 mhz...that definitely has a faulty logic board,
and other than having a d=serialnumber outside of the rane of covered
iBooks, is a textbook example of the iBook logic board problem.

Of ourse, it i not covered, and as a "starving" college
student/mother/wife of a teacher, we cannot afford the repair.   To
date, the best solution seems to be diligently making sure that the
battery never dies...We want to add more RAm, but don't dare shut down
to add the RAm...it seems that shut downs and starts only exacerbate
the problem...

I'm definitely on board with anyone wha wants to see apple extent the
serial number range..we've tried it all!

Sam