[P1] iBook not booting

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Apr 26 16:05:17 PDT 2004

Am 26/4/04 11:40 pm schrieb "Brian" unter <briang113 at pacbell.net>:

> I don't know if a bad RAM stick can damage a machine so it won't boot
> even after removing the possibly bad RAM...Anybody???

I would also tip to the new ram module as well as the first culprit. The
original poster did not mention if they had tried to reboot without the new
ram module? Only that they had removed it...

The check with a second hard drive is a good one to see if it will boot into
target mode.

Did you use sufficient anti-static measures when inserting the Airport card
and new memory? This could have caused some damage if you were unaware of
this or chose to ignore it?

Have you tried resetting the PRAM as well?

HTH,

Richard