[P1] iBook not booting

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Tue Apr 27 04:12:27 PDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Joel wrote:

> I got a flashing '?' which I unerstand indicates that the System Folder
> can't be found... I've since discovered that I can bring up the System
> Picker by pressing the "Option" key on startup and can bring up icons
> showing the OSX system on my hard disk and on the install CD. But I can't
> get any further... Pressing enter or the arrow key on screen causes both
> icons to hide and then get redisplayed.

Try holding the 'c' key while the install CD is in the drive. If it won't
boot from that CD, something is way wrong. If it will boot that way, you
should be able to run disk utility and check the hard drive, and/or
reinstall. If you can't get that far, try booting with the Hardware Test
CD, which should have come with your iBook.

Allan