[P1] lost Airport network password

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Thu Apr 29 17:05:36 PDT 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 9:51 PM, Thomas D.Kearns wrote:

> My Airport network is working well but I want to add my wife's windoze
> laptop.  The Dell says I am connected but i can't get IE to surf the
> internet.   I am pretty sure I set up the Airport network with a
> password but I don't remember it.  Any way of figuring it out or
> changing it? When I look at the iBook (Blueberry with 10.2.8) I see
> black dots where the password is typed in under System Prefs.  I
> assume the lack of password is the reason the Dell is not working.
> (Yes, i have a wireless card in the Dell.   windows XP home.)

You can find out the WEP password by using Keychain Access.  Select the
item called AirPort Network Password, then click the little "Show
Password"
box.  It will ask for your password and then will show you the password.
This works for other passwords you've stored there and since forgotten.

	Mike Beede