[P1] Connecting second screen while iBook running ?

Neil Hughes neil.hughes1 at tesco.net
Fri Aug 6 11:55:05 PDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:55:53 -0700, Reid Conti wrote:

>Oops.  how many hundred times have I done this to my (600mhz snow) iBook?
>
>Well, it never complained.  er, not much.  It kinda wigs out for a few
>seconds usually, but works okay... sometimes the screen stays light
>blue and I have to unplug and replug again.  Never thought about
>sleeping it.. hmm.. :)

Well, you're not the only one!

I've tended to do it while the laptop's awake - I get an all-blue screen
for a couple of seconds on both screens and then everything comes back.

But...

...I was about to post a related-question. Is anybody else having a
problem where the iBook wakes from sleep, or just a blank screen because
the energy saver has switched it off, and the screen stays black with
only the pointer visible? I've tried closing the lid to and re-opening to
cycle through sleep and back, and even using the keyboard shortcut to
log-out, but the screen stays black and I'm stuffed. I've had to hold
down the power key and restart the machine. This is a late G3 iBook
(800MHz) running 10.3.3. The problem seems to happen about once a week.

Neil