[P1] Hard disk crash file recovery

Alexandre Leroux alexandre at leroux.net
Mon Aug 9 06:42:48 PDT 2004

Hi,

A followup. Thanks to Bill, Scott and Erik for inputs.

I did call vitaldata.ca (waking up the girl on call :-) and they have
rates starting at 600$Can. A price I'm not ready to pay. Similar to
Bill's lost iPhoto library, it's all my iTunes songs that are gone. I
can re-rip, but all the ratings and metadata I piped into iTunes will
need relinking. Huge work ahead.

I might have a backup, but I emptied the trash on the Hard Disk I
though I would not need anymore. I'm thinking of purchasing TechTool
Pro 4, at 60$US for AppleCare members, in order to "unerase" files.

My question:
Is there other software than TechTool Pro 4 you suggest to recover
emptied-trash files?
After a search, I found Prosoft's Data Rescue at the same price (I'm
downloading the demo as writing, to be certain the files I'm looking
for are on the disk). There's Alsoft's DiskWarrior too. DiskWarrior
seems to have very good reviews. I only need the unerase feature right
now.

What's your favorite ?! :-)

Thanks :-)

Alex