[iBook] Cookies

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 17:16:44 PST 2004

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that cookies
have virtually nothing to do with the amount of spam you're getting.

The best way to slow down spam is to get a new e-mail address, and don't
give it out to anyone. OK. Maybe that's not the best way. But it's one way.

I'd set up the junk mail filters.

For those who use a mail program which supports it, you can set up a filter
that takes all mail from addresses *not* in your address book and moves it
to a folder you specify. I'd put this at the end of your list of filters, so
it's the last one that's run. That way, any other filters run first.

Another step you can take is to turn on the junk mail filter, if you haven't
already. I recently turned the Entourage 2004 junk mail filter up to high,
and it has *very* few false positives.

HTH

JEL