[iBook] crashes/nikon software

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Wed Dec 22 19:42:21 PST 2004

larry Zasitko wrote:

> ... I bought a Casio 4megapixel and the software that came with it did
> the same thing, crash all the time. In the end I wiped all their
> software and iPhoto found the camera and worked without anything else.

Indeed, what OSX provides works great. I never bothered installing the
software for my Canon Powershot A80, and I'm quite happy with the
built-in tools. I recently found that Image Capture will pull video
clips from the camera & iMovie is happy to import them (it takes a few
minutes to convert them though).

To the original poster, if the Nikon software is crashing your
computer, you definitely *don't* need it. If iPhoto or Image Capture
doesn't do what you want, the card reader suggestion is your best bet.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."