[P1] iBook to TV

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Mon Feb 2 16:43:02 PST 2004

On Feb 2, 2004, at 12:04 AM, e.mkeene wrote:

> Brian, I got the adapter but haven't used it yet. Obviously it is too
> short to connect directly to the tv. Do I use the standard RCA
> extension cables to bridge the space? Also how do i connect to get the
> sound out? TIA

You've got the same adapter I use with my G4 iBook.  It looks like the
"dongle" that comes with the iBook, and connects into the same video
out port as the dongle. You do need an RCA cable or S-video cable to
connect from the adapter to the TV, and an audio connector to go from
the headphone jack to the tv audio-in. Using the video adapter provides
very sharp video when playing DVDs, but the picture is quite fuzzy if
you try to use the tv as an external monitor.

On Feb 2, 2004, at 12:46 AM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> . As far as sound, the headphone jack end goes
> into the iBook, and the three cables on the other end (red, white and
> yellow) plug into the corresponding colored female jacks on the TV.

I've been told that this one-piece AV adapter does not work with the
newer iBooks, but I've never actually tried one.