[P1] Battery problem

PaulKurtz III paulkurtz at mac.com
Mon Feb 9 13:48:17 PST 2004

I read on this list a while back that someone used a paperclip to connect
the contacts on his battery and brought it back to life.  I can't remember
exactly how, but he touched either end of the clip to a pair of the contacts
and revived it.  The batteries have a chip in them, and it seemed to reset
it.

This could cause damage or even be dangerous, so try this at your own risk.

Paul

On 2/9/04 1:46 PM, "Stan Marks" <swmarks at allvantage.com> wrote:

> on 2/9/04 12:03 PM, B G at briang113 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> You should take it in to be checked, that red x also
>> shows up when the battery is good but the charging
>> circuit is bad, if you have access to a known good
>> battery put that in and see if the x is still there.
>> This happened to me once and it was not the battery
>> but the charging circuit in the laptop.
>
> I didn't mention it in my original message, but the "X" on the battery icon
> is black, not red. What ill does this bode, as opposed to the red "X"?
>
> Also, as I did mention previously, the LED indicators on the bottom of the
> battery do not light up at all. That would seem to me to be a pretty strong
> indication of a dead battery.
>
> Zoki said that Apple will not replace the battery as part of its warranty.
> Can anyone else confirm this, before I call AppleCare?
>
> Stan

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.  <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>               |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>  RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency,
even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.
-Ronald Reagan