<OT> Re: [P1] Port Lubrication--Pros and Cons?

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Mon Feb 9 23:58:10 PST 2004

Le 01/02/2004 06:33, « Allan Hise » <allan at hise.org> a écrit :

> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Jack Rodgers wrote:

(snip)

> A friend, who had just a few month earlier graduated with a degree in
> electrical engineering, asked whetehr I knew where to get a new fuse for
> her DVD player. I told her to just stick a penny in it and it will work.
> Well, she did, and shortly afterwards the DVD player burst into flames...

(snip)

*** You have two choices: Either change friend or get really disturbed about
the quality of the American schooling system...

BTW, so I can sleep peacefully tonight, can you confirm your friend
**doesn't** work in a nuclear plant or has permission to approach atomic
bombs... :-)

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

If C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you blow your whole leg
off.
  -- Bjarne Stroustrup