Bumped Mouse and PB 10.3 froze...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 18:22:27 PST 2004

My al 17 was sleeping with the lid closed and I bumped the MS
Trackball, hitting the key I had set to do the work of the F11 key in
10.3. The white light stopped blinking. I repeated this several times
over several days and sometimes when I opened the lid, it would
progress to the dialog box for the password. THe last time when I left
the lid closed for a longer period of time,  it just froze and stayed
black after I left the lid closed to see if the light would come back
on.

So, I think this confirms the problem we are experiencing with sleep
while usb devices are connected or disconnected. Sometimes the mac
wakes up and sometimes it doesn't requiring a forced shut down by
holding down the powerkey for more than five seconds.

I don't know if bumping an attached Apple mouse will produce the same
problem or if it is just limited to the books. This does explain a bit
about why my Powerbook sometimes won't wake up after sleeping.

---
Microsoft's anti-virus poster campaign
<http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=SecurityPosters> leaves out the
one poster that should be included