[P1] WiFi access...question...

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 20 05:48:50 PST 2004

I visited a friend recently who had just installed a Belkin wireless router
in her home. All her PC's could see it perfectly, but my iBook couldn't see
it at all, even sitting right next to it. I'd never had a problem like this
before so we called Belkin, and they said their routers have 11 channels,
and some had more range than others. They directed us to an Internet address
where we could change the channel on the router. They said Channel 6 was
usually a good solution. We changed to Channel 6 and bingo, the signal came
in loud and clear for me. Also, kudos to Belkin for having free tech support
and for correcting the problem in under 5 minutes.

Brian