[P1] Why not applecare -- it sure seems worth the $$

Gary Archer garcher at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 11:15:51 PST 2004

It sounds like the luck of the service tech you reach.  I just printed out
the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions and section 2 under "The
Plan does not cover"

G.  Repair, replacement, or maintenance of items that have been subject to
wear and tear, such as cases, key caps, knobs, handles, batteries or
mechanical parts.

This is such a "vague" section that a tech could have apply to your slot
wires under the hinge of the iBook, etc..