[P1] sbc yahoo dsl

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 09:39:00 PST 2004

On Jan 14, 2004, at 9:16 AM, Harry D. Corsover wrote:

> This must vary greatly by location. I have had Earthlink DSL in
> Evergreen, CO for several years, with only very rare outages. And I've
> never had the finger-pointing stuff you refer to above. Fast
> (nominally 1.5 down, 384 up, with speed tests showing close to that)
> and stable. And I've found their tech support knowledgeable (yes, even
> about Macs) and helpful.

We've had earthlink high speed through our cable company for a year -
two outages, both lasted all day - both in the last 2 weeks. Earthlink
was very nice but said it was my cable company, but my cable company's
phone system automatically switched my phone calls over to Earthlink.
VERY frustrating. When I finally found a way around their phone
switching, they wouldn't talk to me until I'd unhooked the cablemodem
from my router and plugged a computer directly into the cablemodem.

Earthlink was right - it was the cable company's outage. I discovered
that a carwash very near my house has free wireless access. They have
little tables and a coffee bar. So that's where I'll go hang out next
time I have a long outage, I guess. Maybe this'll motivate me to get my
car washed once in a while <g>.

-pam
National Home Education Network
<www.NHEN.org>
Serving the entire homeschooling community since 1999
through information, networking and public relations.