OT: I'm Back on Broadband!!

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Fri Jan 16 14:33:39 PST 2004

Having moved last year from one of the nations first areas with cable
internet service - I've been in 36kbs hell for the last year when I moved to
the sticks of North Florida. Today my local installer completed my Direcway
satellite installation and I'm smiling again! Initial speed tests out to
400kbs down. Finally, I can download a software update w/o waiting  all
nite.

After the installation of the rather large dish (about the size of two
standard TV dishes) the inside setup is a modem about twice the size of a
cable modem with an ethernet connection on the back. I plugged my original
airport in - set it up for ethernet DHCP and we were off. One original
clamshell iBook, one dual usb iBook, dual 800 powermac and a Dell all
sharing the same wireless signal. Too cool! Just in time for the 3 day
weekend!

Loving Life
Dan