[P1] Java 1.4.2 not installing

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 06:56:40 PDT 2004

Dear List,

I just upgraded my iBook 500 from OS X 10.2.8 to 10.3.4.  Finally I made the
plunge to Panther :)

However, Java 1.4.2 will not install.  It keeps saying to install Java 1.4.1
first, which I downloaded and installed a second time.  Made no difference,
however.

I repaired all the disk permissions.... still no difference.

I have a pretty smooth-running system with not much third party software
except MS Office.  Historically, all Apple updates have worked without a
hitch, including all the 10.3 updates.... with the exception of this darn
Java 1.4.2.

Has anyone ran into the same problem?

Thanks!

Tom