[P1] Need info on VST's clamshell iBook battery charger

gdadams1 at cox.net gdadams1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 10:40:31 PDT 2004

> From: Brian Pearce <bpearce at cloud9.net>
> Date: 2004/07/12 Mon PM 12:18:44 EDT
> To: "iBook List" <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: Re: [P1] Need info on VST's clamshell iBook battery charger
>
> > I picked up a VST battery charger in hopes of reviving a couple
> > batteries
> > for an original (clamshell) iBook. It's giving me a series of red
> > flashing
> > lights. One battery flashes 6 times, the other 8 times.
>
> A red light (two or more quick flashes) indicates a battery error. (I
> think you're out of luck.)

I bought a VST charger a couple of years ago for the same purpose. What I discovered is that if you pull one of the batteries out and put it right back in, you can sometimes get it to charge by leaving it overnight. I managed to resurrect two batteries I had purchased from overstock.com for $30 each that way!

Gary