Cooling fan?

BobGir bobgir at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 19:36:51 PDT 2004

    Saw this recently on MacInTouch.

> I have a first generation iBook G4 and it came with Panther 10.3.2. Ever since
> I upgraded to 10.3.4 a little over a month ago, I notice that the iBook's
> cooling fan does not go off as often as it should (or as it did with past
> versions of Panther). Now, it rarely goes off.

    My hearing is not all that good, so I am wondering if my...

********
Dual-USB, 500MHz G3 12" iBook
640MB of RAM
10Gb IDE Hard Drive
OS 10.3.4
********

    ...even has a fan.  If it does, I've not heard it in the six months I've
had it.

    Does it have a fan?

    When I put my palms to either side of the trackpad, it is barely warm to
the left, completely cool on the right and only the slightest bit warm
across the entire bottom of the unit when I pick it up and check it.

    Thanks,
    bob