[P1] Airport not waking after sleep

Reid Conti rconti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:02:40 PDT 2004

I have a more general question.. is it normal for base stations to
drop off the map for a second, frequently?  I use mac stumbler and
even with perfect range, say I'll have 4 base stations in range,
they'll each disappear once every 10 seconds or so.  This causes no
connection problems for me, but it's a pain because you'll go to join
a network and all of a sudden the station is gone and you need to
select it again.. Just something I've passed off as "living with
wireless."

Oh yeah, and my Linksys BEFW11S4 is a total pile as well, the thing's
wireless stops working once every day or two, even though it's a V4
with the latest firmware.  And it's getting REALLY old now that I'm
using my airport express as a client and I'm finding that my xfer
rates drop slowly over time, so I can listen to music for a few hours
before it starts skipping, and then it's slower and slower and slower,
and instead of the 80packets/sec I get thru when streaming music, it's
only letting 5 thru.. then I reset the thing and it's all better
again.  God I can't wait to throw out this POS linksys onto the street
and run it over, then burn it, then... Grr....  never should have
gotten rid of my Snow Airport Base Station...

- reid