[P1] iBook electrical shock

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 7 16:36:39 PDT 2004

> Wow! That sounds serious. You should exercise extreme caution.
>
> It could be that your power adapter is faulty, and that line-level
> voltages are coming through, or similar.
>
> I think you should not use it (on mains power) until you take it in.

It doesn't make it smart by any means, but I've gotten a shock when using my iBook when placed on my thighs since it was new.  Shock comes from the "top" edge, right where the screen comes closest to the base.  Is a pretty awakening sort of shock.  I realize that's a different place than was reported in this thread, but they're hardly alone.

I haven't bother trying to get that repaired -- figured I just oughta not do that anymore.  If you're catching it from the four corners, however, that'll be tougher to dodge, obviously.

Fwiw, I'm using an iBook 500.

Ruffin Bailey