ibook vs. powerbook

Robert Gunter rgunter at vt.edu
Tue Jun 8 16:29:53 PDT 2004

I know everyone is tired of the perpetual ibook/powerbook debate, but i
have a question that I've had a difficult time finding the answer to in
forum archives.

Situation:  Looking to buy a new 12 inch 1 Ghz ibook ($1200) OR a
refurb 12 inch 1 Ghz powerbook ($1199).

Question:  Internally, I know that these two models are essentially the
same.  The new ibook uses the 7447a G4 processor and the older refurb
powerbook uses the ever-so-slightly older 7447 G4.  The only variable
I'm concerned with is battery life.  So...anyone out there with the two
above models...could you please post your battery life?  (Although any
other observations would be appreciated.)  I expect most of you will
have ibook only figures to post though :) that's ok.

Thanks!
-Rob