[P1] Prolonging Battery Life

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Mon Jun 21 15:47:23 PDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Bob Gir. wrote:
>     Is leaving an iBook plugged in all the time the best strategy for
> battery longevity???
>
>     I.e., by longevity I mean to lengthen the time between battery
> purchases
> and to lengthen the time you are able to run on battery power when
> necessary
> to do so.

  I'm jumping in because this list has been too quiet lately...

This subject of 'battery longevity' has been discussed before  - but I
did not pay attention.
And I don't mind hearing from the experts again.
I normally let my iBook 700/640/CD run unplugged until I see a warning
message.
Then I charge it until it's 99% charged, and I unplug again.
My understanding is that this practice maximizes the life of the
battery.
Tell me if I'm dead wrong.

Thanks
Jim