[P1] Quiet?

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Mon Jun 21 15:57:59 PDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 4:20 PM, albookuser at Phreaker.net wrote:

> So is the list quiet or am I somehow lost?

I see you!

> And to make my post worthwhile, for the iBook G4 users, what are your
> thoughts...particularly those of you who had a dual G3 iBook and moved
> up? I
> have two friends who are undecided between a 14 inch iBook and 12 inch
> PowerBook.
>
> Cheers
> david

I had an 800 MHz G3 and moved up to the 933 MHz G4 right when it came
out (came with Panther when it was hot off the press).  There is a
noticeable speed difference, but I bought mine right at that "sweet
spot" where I could still sell my old one on eBay for a price a lot
closer to the one I paid for it.  If you use a lot of games and other
processor-intensive applications, I recommend moving up.  Until
Powerbooks go G5, I have a hard time justifying buying that over an
iBook...