Apple expands iBook logic board repair program

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 18:00:41 PDT 2004

> Good news indeed! My dual-USB 500 wasn't part of either previous
> incarnation of the LBREP but is now within the covered SN range. It has
> no problems *yet*, but it's _very_ nice to know Apple will fix it if it
> does.

So let's say someone, um, upgraded the hard drive in his iBook 500 in a somewhat slapdash fashion as Airport had already flaked in his 'book.  What do you think the chances are Apple would take it back?  I've seen a few people here mention in previous "recalls" that they didn't think they'd get anything and did anyway.

Are there any "tricks"?  Just be bold enough to try?

Thanks,

Ruffin Bail... ur, um, John Doe