ibook closure mechanism

Linda L. Rowe mindfulway at mfx.net
Wed Jun 23 17:12:15 PDT 2004

Hi All-
Someone thought the listserv was too quiet so I'm giving you all my
questions that have been piling up since I bought this little (GREAT
little) ibook in Feb. of this year.  It's a G4 12-inch 800Mhz, snow
white .
Well, the cover lock has got progressively loose.  It still clicks
closed, but the two front ends kind of bow up a little and there is a
fair amount of  "give" in the lock.  Is there some neat little tool to
tighten it up or must I send it back??  I do move about with my laptop
(taking it from office to studio, closing and opening it anywhere from
4 to 10 or so times per day.  I never force the lock and and don't push
the cover or move it too fast.
Thanks for any insight.
Linda