[P1] iBook hardrives

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Sun Jun 27 19:24:17 PDT 2004

They are 2.5" ATA drives.  You can find them on eBay or places like
www.macsales.com.

Which brings up another interesting question:

Back in the pre-OS X days, you could only format a hard drive with
Apple's Drive Setup if the drive had Apple ROMs.  You had to use a
third-party application to format one not made by Apple.  Is the same
true under OS X with Disk Utility, or will it format any standard ATA
drive?

--Joe!