[P1] Verizon DSL with Linksys Wireless Router

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Thu Mar 4 06:11:37 PST 2004

Typically that disk is just extra software like registration and
anti-virus.  Most of the routers are configured thru a browser
including firmware upgrades.  I always have to laugh when "technical
support" tries to blame computers for networking problems.  I called in
and asked if the mail server was down since I could connect in the AM
and now I can not.  They could not say anything until I revealed what
kind of computer I had.

They dont have Mac tech support cause the dude would be bored.  Step 1:
Set for DHCP.  Step 2: it works.

I would run down to the store (including target or walmart) and buy the
linksys router on my own.  Prices are droping like crazy and you can
get the wired router for $39 in some places, and the wireless b/g
router for $89 (+ a rebate).  There really is nothing to support and
the installs are simple.