[P1] iBook Dilemma

May Hall tsaf at chibardun.net
Wed Mar 17 14:21:22 PST 2004

> I have a 14 inch G4 iBook with a Combo Drive and Airport Extreme,
and I
> think the machine is great.

Hi, Mike,

Thank you for your thoughts. Mine are leaning in the same direction.
My son would do the installation to the tangerine (he's a mac tech),
but I would still have an *old* iBook. As for getting a G3, I was
amazed at how antique my tangerine felt after about a year, so i
wouldn't want to start right out behind the curve.  As you can tell, I
tend to keep them for awhile.
I have been wondering about the combo drive.....thinking that I
wouldn't need the dvd part. do you see installation, etc. dVds in the
future.
About hard drive size and processor speeds, what are your thoughts
and what did you get?

May