FS: 12 inch iBook 700 MHz G3

Mike Wallinga mwallinga at mailup.net
Sat Mar 27 11:58:44 PST 2004

Hi everyone,
I'm selling my G3 iBook and thought I'd give the list first shot at it.
  Here are the details, accurate to the best of my knowledge:

The computer itself:
- 12 inch LCD (1024 x 768 resolution)
- 700 MHz G3 with 512 KB L2 cache
- 384 MB RAM (128 on board + 256 chip)
- 16 MB ATI  video card (Mobility Radeon?)
- 20 GB hard drive
- CDRW/DVD combo drive (tray-loading)
- 802.11b Airport card
- 2 USB 1.1 ports, 1 FireWire 400 port, 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port, 56K
  modem port

Other stuff that's included:
- Square AC Power Adapter with both plugs (the longer cord and the stub
that plugs directly into the wall)
- VGA video adapter cable for mirroring on VGA monitors
- Original box, manuals, and software bundle
- Operating system versions bundled: Mac OS X 10.1.4 and Mac OS 9.2.2
(boots into either one)
- Other bundled software included: AppleWorks 6, PCalc 2, World Book
Encyclopedia CD-ROM, Deimos Rising, Otto-matic

For the sake of full disclosure:
- Purchased in June 2002
- Battery replaced in April 2003, currently holds ~ 4 hour charge under
what I consider "normal use"
- Logic board went bad in November 2003, replaced in February 2004
under Apple's replacement program
- It has worked great since the repair - I haven't used it too much
because I bought a new 14-inch G4 iBook in December (before I knew
Apple was going to be repairing out-of-warranty iBooks with logic board
failures!).  But I took the 700 MHz G3 with me to a conference for five
days at the end of February (it was lighter and smaller to fit in my
luggage and use on the plane) and it worked great for taking notes and
using the conference's wireless Internet access.

Transaction details:
- Asking price: $600
- Shipping: From USA Zip Code 51041, FREE in the continental USA,
outside that area will cost extra
- Money order or personal check preferred, but I am willing to discuss
other forms of payment if the buyer wishes
- If the buyer does not want the Airport card or extra RAM, I can
remove those items and negotiate a discounted price

Please contact me off-list if you have any other questions or are
interesting in buying.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Mike Wallinga