New iBook 14" question

Jim Soriano jsoriano at mac.com
Thu May 6 18:00:28 PDT 2004

Hi there:

I just picked up my daughters' new iBook G4 14"/1.2G and while getting
ready to wrap it up as a present I noticed that the lid latch is not
catching.  The little metal hook is dropping down when it gets close to
the bottom slot, but it doesn't seem to be reliably retained; it fails
9 out of 10 times and the lid just bounces back upward.  It seems to
happen whether or not the foam sheet that protects the screen from the
keyboard is in place.

Is this normal?  Should I return it to the dealer tomorrow for their
evaluation?

Regards,

Jim