[P1] new iBook

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Thu May 6 18:33:22 PDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 6:13 PM, Jon Patton wrote:

> Have you tried iSync to sync your computers... of course your older
> computer needs to be running OSX too.

Looking through the iSync help info, it seems to "Synchronize contact,
calendar, To Do, and Safari bookmark information", which is cool, but
I'm really looking for something that would sync my documents and other
user files.  Maybe there's a way to do that with iSync, and I'm just
missing it . . .?

I expect that synchronizing mail would be just too hard - so basically
read mail on the web while on the laptop.

As far as syncing files, I think that most of the time when I've been
working on the laptop, I could just remember what I was working on, and
copy it back to the desktop. But then if I want to hit the road a
couple of days later with my "working environment" - I couldn't
possibly remember all the documents I've tweaked over a day or two.
That's the sort of syncing issue I'm trying to solve.

Thanks,
Steve