[P1] New iBook 14" question

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat May 8 07:38:54 PDT 2004

> Just as an aside my old blueberry iBook came without a screen latch
> closure. Why
> did the Apple designers feel the need to return to putting "latches"
> on the newer
> iBooks?  Is this really an improvement to the iBook?

To make them more compact, the newer models don't have room for the
more substantial hinge of the original "clamshell" iBooks, which hold
the top closed. (As to whether it's an improvement, that depends on who
you ask; I still think the new iBooks lack the impact of the original
design.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com