[P1] New iBook 14" question

larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Sat May 8 08:29:23 PDT 2004

I have to agree that the new iBooks lack the instant recognition that
the clamshells had. The Clamshells were a great design though a bit on
the large side but then so were most portables back then too. They were
unique and really stood out.

I do like the new iBook's but they don't stand out as much. I just
bought a new Book but I went with a 12" G4 1.33ghz PowerBook. So far I
really like it. I originally bought last years model for a really good
price but the new ones came out only 4 days later so I took it back and
got one of the new ones, faster, larger video ram (64meg) and
superdrive. Westworld in Calgary did it without any problems. I thought
about ordering from Apple but in the end I decided that I would help
support local business and I have always had great service from them.

Yes I think the latch design is too light and will have to be careful
with it and I agree that it would have been really nice without a latch
but in interest of size etc I can see the reasoning with the new
designs....

Larry Zasitko
Graphite Clamshell SE, G3 366mhz, 576meg ram, OSX Jaguar 10.2.8
12" PowerBook, G4 1.33ghz, 768meg ram, 60gig hd, Superdrive, Airport
extreme, bluetooth, OSX Panther