[P1] Classic printing problem

Todd Doerpinghaus doerps at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 8 22:13:07 PDT 2004

Raymond,

I'm not sure if anyone replied yet so disregard this
if they did.  We had the same problem on our ibooks
(running Panther) when trying to print from Classic.

We had to set up a new printer (even if it was already
set up).  IP printing with printer type LPD/LPR and
leave the printer name as the ip address.  Then open
the classic application.  When you print, the printer
you just installed should show up (as an ip address).
If so, print.  If a different ip address appears,
select the one you just installed from the drop down
box.  If no printers show up, go to the chooser,
choose laserwriter and close the chooser.  Click on
page setup in the Classic app you had open and try
printing again.  Refer to
.  I hope it helps.

Todd

<http://www.macresq.com>