iBook stands/podiums

Mike Wallinga mwallinga at mailup.net
Fri May 14 06:33:40 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm taking the steps to turn my iBook into a desktop machine for when
I'm at my desk.  When I got my iBook last November, I included the
internal Bluetooth support, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to order
Apple's Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

My real question regards stands or podiums for my iBook.  The 14"
screen is big enough that I don't think I need an external monitor
sitting on my desk, but I would like to raise the iBook's screen to my
eye level.  Other than the obvious stack of books that would get the
job done, does anyone have any recommendations about which product
would be the best for this purpose?

So far, I've looked at the web sites for the Griffin iCurve, the
MacAlly iceStation, and the Road Tools Cool Pad Podium.  Do any of
these products stand out from the others? Are there any other products
that I've missed?

Thanks for your help!!!

- Mike W.